Visiting Researcher Programs
The Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology (SCET) hosts visiting scholars and researchers from around the world to join us in pursuing independent or collaborative research in technology entrepreneurship and innovation engineering.
Researchers with compelling research projects in emerging technologies are encouraged to select between the following topic areas:
- X-Lab Visiting Researcher
- Independent Visiting Researcher
X-Labs offer researchers and scholars an opportunity to propose collaborative research projects that may form the basis of a course or other platform in emerging fields.
Independent Researchers may propose research topics in entrepreneurship or innovation education or other agreed-upon topics under the supervision of the Center.
X-Labs visiting researchers and scholars can choose from:
What to include in your research statement
- Background and areas of expertise
- Outline research proposal and goals
- Provide your preferred program start date (Fall or Spring) and duration
- How do you plan to disseminate your findings? (reports, publications, teaching materials, etc.)
Accepted visiting researchers and scholars may:
- Spend six to nine months at SCET Berkeley (programs may vary).
- Work on projects to create new companies and new industries.
- Study emerging technologies, policy, industry structure, and teaching methods.
- Pursue various research outputs including reports, conference publications, and industry creation activities.
- Elect to guest lecture or co-teach in our programs with sponsoring faculty approval.
- Collaborate with our network of researchers.
Please see the FAQ section for more details.