Visiting Researcher Programs
The Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology (SCET) hosts visiting scholars and researchers from around the world to join us in pursuing independent or collaborative research in technology entrepreneurship and innovation engineering.
Researchers with compelling research projects in emerging technologies and innovative approaches to entrepreneurship education are encouraged to select their topic area below to apply.
Effective immediately, researchers and scholars interested in blockchain applications will be automatically redirected to our new Blockchain Researcher Program.
Accepted visiting researchers and scholars may:
- Spend six to nine months at SCET Berkeley (programs may vary).
- Work on barriers to creating new companies and new industries.
- Study emerging technologies, policy, industry structure, and teaching methods.
- Pursue various research outputs including reports, conference publications, and industry creation activities.
- Elect to guest lecture or co-teach in our programs with sponsoring faculty approval.
- Collaborate with our network of researchers.
Please see FAQ section for more details.
What to include in your research statement
- Background and areas of expertise
- Outline research proposal and goals
- Provide your preferred program start date (Fall or Spring) and duration
- How do you plan to disseminate your findings? (reports, publications, teaching materials, etc.)