- The A. Richard Newton Lecture Series
- 5 units from the list of approved list of SCET courses.
If you have completed or participated in one of the following courses or programs, then only 4 units (plus the A. Richard Newton Lecture Series) are required for the certificate:
- SCET Venture Lab: Your startup team in Venture Lab
- Berkeley Skydeck: Your startup team in Berkeley Skydeck
- LeaderShape Institute Program: Participation in the program
- Applied Innovation Institute (Aii; formerly BMIC)
- Internship at a Startup
If you have participated in the European Innovation Academy through Berkeley Summer Abroad Program (which includes both the Challenge Lab (4 units) and Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship Bootcamp (2 units)), you are not required to take the A. Richard Newton Lecture Series.
Students who will fulﬁll the concentration requirements by the end of the fall or spring semester, must submit the Certificate Completion Application (available in mid-November for fall and mid-April for spring). After your coursework is verified in early January or early June, we will email you an electronic copy of your certificate. (Hardcopy is available by request.)