Global Entrepreneurship and Innovation Summer 2022
Join the European Innovation Academy in Porto, Portugal for an intensive, fast-paced learning experience, where you will learn from venture capitalists, serial entrepreneurs, executives from Silicon Valley companies, and experts from across the globe.
This program trades traditional classrooms with challenge labs, where students work with over 60 mentors and 400 students from all over the world to create innovative products. Whether you’re a seasoned student entrepreneur or have barely heard of Silicon Valley, this rigorous program gives you an incredible opportunity to explore your passion and potential within the startup scene and the world of business.
Subscribe to Updates
Get notified when the application opens and upcoming information sessions.
How to Apply
Interested students can apply for this program through Berkeley Study Abroad.
The program is divided into 2 parts:
IND ENG 192: Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship (2 units) - Graded or P/NP
The Berkeley Leadership Week: The first week of the program leverages the Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship (BMoE) methodology to prepare students to build startups in the next phase of the program. This week focus on building leadership skills through experiential learning.
IND ENG 185: Challenge Lab (4 units) - Graded or P/NP
UC Berkeley Students will join the world’s largest extreme entrepreneurship program - The European Innovation Academy - Where they will develop an idea to a tech start-up in 15 days.
Items to note:
- Student accommodation in Lisbon for the first week will be in twin rooms (2 students per room), in a 4* hotel, next to the venue (2 min walk). Students will be assigned roommates according to the gender listed on your passport. If you have questions about this or need to request accommodations please contact email@example.com.
- Student accommodation in Porto will be single rooms and close to the venue (5/10 min walk)
- Courses are for a letter grade
- No meals are included in the program fee
- Cultural excursion during the 1st week in Lisbon
- Students receive the SCET Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Technology upon successful completion of summer abroad
Dates: July 10 - August 7, 2022
Units: 6 units
This program is being planned to be in-person for 2022. Berkeley Study Abroad is actively monitoring COVID-19 on the ground for all in-country programs.
Language of Instruction: English
- IND ENG 185: Challenge Lab (4 units)
- IND ENG 192: Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship Bootcamp (2 units)
- At least one year of college coursework completed by the start of the program
- 2.0 GPA or higher
- Application opens February 1, 2022
- Space is limited and applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis
- Deadline to apply is March 15, 2022.