A New Kind of Classroom
Join the European Innovation Academy in Porto, Portugal this summer for an intensive, fast-paced program composed of challenge labs, where students work with mentors and other students from around the world to learn about entrepreneurship and create innovative products.
About the Program
Students taking all of the courses for a letter grade will receive the SCET Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Technology upon successful completion of this summer abroad program.
This program is being planned to be in-person for 2023. Berkeley Study Abroad is actively monitoring COVID-19 on the ground for all in-country programs.
All courses are taken for a letter grade. This program is divided into 2 parts:
ENGIN 183B: Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship (2 units) - Graded
The Berkeley Leadership Week: The first week of the program leverages the Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship (BMoE) methodology to prepare students to build startups in the next phase of the program. This week focus on building leadership skills through experiential learning.
ENG 183C: Challenge Lab (4 units) - Graded
UC Berkeley Students will join the world’s largest extreme entrepreneurship program - The European Innovation Academy - Where they will develop an idea to a tech start-up in 15 days.
- Student accommodation in Segovia, Spain (Metro Madrid) for the first week will be in single rooms at IE University (a national heritage site) outfitted with state-of-the-art study rooms, media studios, high-tech Fab Lab, and more.
- Student accommodation in Porto will be single rooms and close to the venue (5/10 min walk)
- Breakfast will be provided on the first week of the program in Segovia. Aside from that first week, no meals are included in the program fee. Program staff will help orient students to the food options on-site.
- At least one year of college coursework completed by the start of the program
- 2.0 GPA or higher
- Students must complete a 15 minute pre-application advising meeting with Program Director Pam Induni. Please click here to start that process.
- Application opens February 1, 2023
- Deadline to apply is March 15, 2023
Space is limited and applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
A World-Class Interdisciplinary Framework
Learn more about the format of the Global Entrepreneurship and Technology summer program.
Information Session 1
Registration link coming soon.