New MTI Course Provides Two Tracks for Graduate & Post-Doctoral Students & Researchers
New MTI (Management of Technology Innovation) Course Provides Two Tracks for Graduate & Post-Doctoral Students & Researchers
Instructor Naeem Zafar
The goal of this course is to prepare graduate students and post-doctoral students across all disciplines to be able to translate technical work into value as a new venture or in industry settings. Whether you are interested in research based commercialization, new ventures, and professional development for careers in industry, this program explores key management and leadership concepts relevant to technology-dependent enterprises. Class participants undertake intensive study of actual business situations through case study analysis. Overall, the program is a mix of Technology Innovation Processes, Technology Strategy, Innovation Mindset, and Leadership / Communications skills.
The MTI course is designed for graduate students to understand how the business world works and how their research may be applicable to the business word.
The course has two tracks,
- Track I – You can actively work to take your innovation to a startup and win prizes adding up to $20,000.
- Track II – Learn about the business world so you are more prepared after your graduate work is completed. The course is designed to make you a much more relevant and interesting researcher who “gets it” in the workplace.
If you would like to learn more about this course, please come to one of the three info sessions.
- Friday, January 20, 11 am to 1 pm – Jacob Hall room 210
- Friday, January 27, 11 am to 1 pm – Jacob Hall room 210
- Friday, February 3, 11 am to 1 pm – Jacob Hall room 210
For more information visit https://scet.berkeley.edu/graduate/
If you have questions email to the instructor at email@example.com
To register please look for IEOR290 session 6 – CCN 33978
Fall 2016 – MTI Program Finals