Are you interested in working at Amazon?
On April 23rd at 6PM in Banatao Auditorium, Amazon Logistics will offer a CET Collider Project that focuses on challenges they are tackling while growing Amazon’s delivery capability . This event will offer an insightful lecture on how Amazon’s Supply/Delivery Chain works today (read more about Amazon Logistics here). We invite students to come up with proposals for solutions to these challenges. The students with the best proposal will earn a paid trip to Seattle to present their proposal to leadership and interview for open positions at Amazon.
Amazon Logistics is hiring for entry-level and experienced positions in both corporate and field operations roles across the United States. Come learn about the challenges facing Amazon as we strive to become Earth’s most customer-centric company.
REGISTER HERE: https://amazon-collider.eventbrite.com
I. Project Objective:
Find top engineering, technology, and operations talent to support the rapid growth of Amazon Logistics.
Participants will choose 1 of the following two problems:
- Forecasting the number of vehicles required for delivering packages is a difficult problem. Too many vehicles creates unnecessary costs, but too few vehicles will cause late deliveries. Given a demand distribution, recommend a rate to pay for guaranteed vehicles, option vehicles, and spot vehicles. Propose a platform for securing these vehicles.
- Create a supply/demand matching proposal for available capacity in Amazon’s line haul network. We have vehicles frequently traveling between facilities with available capacity to pick up vendor products (or do work for 3rd parties).
II. Method and Timeframe:
- Attend Amazon Logistics info session (April 23rd).
- Form a group of up to 4 people to create a solution for your selected problem.
- Submit a 6 page white paper and supplementary materials via email by 8am, May 5th.
- Students with the top proposals will be invited to a white paper review with Amazon Logistics leadership on the evening of May 5th.
Leave a Comment