Startup Semester at Berkeley
Startup Semester at Berkeley
Apply by June 1st, 2017
Spend a semester at UC Berkeley learning entrepreneurship and innovation
Who Should Apply?
This exclusive full semester program, targeted at upper division undergraduates, will provide qualified students from around the world access to faculty and curriculum in a leading entrepreneurship program.
The program is created for students who are interested in:
- Increasing their technical knowledge of entrepreneurship and innovation
- Advancing a startup or startup idea
- Understanding how to commercialize research
- Experiencing the entrepreneurship culture of Silicon Valley and the Bay Area
This program allows for a full 12 to 15-unit load for one semester. Transferable credit can be offered through the hosting university or UC Berkeley Extension under Continuing Education.
The semester will consist of a seven-unit Entrepreneurial Core consisting of the esteemed Newton Lecture Series or the Silicon Valley Immersion, a one week Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship Bootcamp, and a Challenge Lab of the student’s choice.
Electives are specifically chosen to supplement the core curriculum with IEOR / SCET courses and/or University courses. These are intended to provide students with lifelong learnings to enhance the basics taught through the Core courses.
Newton Lecture Series
As part of the Entrepreneurial Core, students will partake in the Newton Lecture series and meet esteemed global and local distinguished innovators to learn from their successes and failures. Read more.
In a competition-based format, students work in cross-discipline lean start-up teams vying to create innovative products. Teams will navigate realistic weekly challenges introduced through case studies. Read more.
The Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship Bootcamp
The bootcamp facilitates immersive learning for new venture creation. This workshop offers a one-of-a-kind experience in one of the premier institutions in Silicon Valley. Read more.
Entrepreneurial Core (required courses)
Choose one of three challenge lab courses below (required):
UC Berkeley Engineering Courses
- Finance for Entrepreneurs (2 units)
- Product Management (4 units)
- Innovation Project Management (4 units)
- Technology Firm Leadership (4 units)
Additional UC Berkeley courses*
- Social Psychology (4 units)
- Logic & Decision Making (4 units)
- Psychology of Innovation (2-4 units)
- Design Thinking (4 units)
* These courses are subject to change and may not be offered every semester
Applications are due June 1st, 2017 for Fall 2017.
Both and international and U.S. students can easily apply for the program online.
For more information or if you have questions about Startup Semester at Berkeley, fill out the form provided and we will contact you soon. Thank you for your interest!