Application Now Open!
Become a Visiting Researcher
- Deadline for Spring is September 30
- Deadline for Fall is March 31
Visiting Researcher Program
Entrepreneurially focused researchers and research teams may come to UC Berkeley to focus on innovation research. The Sutardja Center is a home for the study and practice at the intersection of technology and entrepreneurship. One focus area of the Center is behavioral development for Entrepreneurship and Innovation. The Center is also engaged in research that support the creation of new emerging industry areas, such as those listed in the Lab and Program areas of the Center.
If accepted, visiting researchers of the Center are able to do the following:
- Spend up to six months at SCET
- Work on barriers to creating new companies and new industries.
- Study areas including emerging technologies, policy, industry structure, teaching methods, market entry models. Research outputs often include reports, conference publications, and industry creation activities.
- Potentially guest lecture or co-teach in our program and participate in other SCET and collaborate with other researchers.
- Please note that Visiting Researchers may only audit one course per semester while at Berkeley
For direct applicants, please apply below. The program requires sponsorship of bench fee plus visa fees. All applications must include a proposed research statement within the comment field as well as a full CV in the form immediately below.
What to include in your research statement:
- Background and areas of expertise
- Outline of your research proposal and goals
- Provide your preferred program start date (Fall or Spring) and duration
- How do you plan to disseminate your findings? (reports, publications, teaching materials, etc.)