Request a brochure
Responsible for leading your company's innovation?
Interested in understanding disruptive technologies from the leaders?
Help your company advance with new strategies, technologies and a transformative framework now.
October 29 - November 2, 2018
Held in Berkeley and Silicon Valley. Apply by September 30th; limited openings remain.
This program guides leaders to transform their organizations with new insights on strategy, disruptive technologies and creating innovative cultures.
Who Should Attend
- Executives and Founders
- General Managers
- Architects or Technology Leaders
- MBA Candidates
What to Expect
- Learn Berkeley Method of Innovation Leadership
- Executive level discussions on the most relevant disruptive technologies
- Plan your firm's innovation via project & feedback from UC Berkeley faculty
- Enhance your company culture for innovation
- Learn about emerging business models
- Visit innovation centers in Silicon Valley
- Receive feedback from Silicon Valley executives, entrepreneurs and UC Berkeley faculty
- Network with global business leaders
Academic Thought Leaders and Industry Innovators
Featured Speaker: Pieter Abbeel
Working to break AI out of its ivory tower is Pieter Abbeel, electrical engineering and computer science professor at UC Berkeley, (who) is "puppeteer(ing) the robot around in a way that the robot experiences exactly what it’s going to experience when it’s doing it itself," says Abbeel. "That way a robot can learn much more efficiently." By using VR, Abbeel and his team have shortened the robotic skill-acquisition process from months and weeks down to a single day.
Featured Speaker: Steve Blank
"Almost every large company understands that it also needs to deal with ever-increasing external threats by continually innovating. To ensure their survival and growth, corporations need to keep inventing new business models. This challenge requires entirely new organizational structures and skills."
Launched in 2012, this program has brought together candidates from across the globe with renowned Berkeley faculty and Silicon Valley executives to learn and work on the challenge of driving continuous innovation from leaders as diverse as shipping industry executives to leading hospital administrators. Originally part of a joint, exclusive effort by Berkeley Engineering and Technical University of Denmark (DTU) Executive MBA program, this week is now an open enrollment program, expanded to include select leaders from around the globe and from Silicon Valley to increase the diversity of thought and provide a broader, global network to the cohort.
FAQ & How to Apply
Ready to apply?
View this page to apply and for more details regarding application.
Want more information?
View our SVIL brochure for more information regarding the program.
Partners & Supporters
"The course was excellent; it was perfect to share our experiences and knowledge from different backgrounds and realities." — General Manager, Sodimac Chile
“The lessons you learn in SVIL are organizational changing.” — CEO Latin America retailer
“My key takeaways included the following:
- My company needs to make better use of big data
- Innovation process for horizon 3 will be critical to the company's future
- The state of the art of different technologies and tendencies (AI, big data, marketing, VR)"
- How to approach the innovation processes among organizations
- The skills and perspective that entrepreneurs and managers must have or develop” —
Chief Acceleration Officer, Digevo
“It was a fantastic week.” — VP of Innovation, Volvo Penta