Watch when convenient for you with access to Q&A sessions +
Learn cutting-edge algorithms and data science
with Berkeley experts
Over 1,500 students have taken the highly popular Data-X course at UC Berkeley to develop hands-on, “applied innovation” skills in Data Science, AI and Machine Learning.
Today's companies and institutions require employees and faculty with the latest data science skills to gain insight on their customers, operations, and growth through their data.
Join us this fall to audit and learn the content of our highly sought after Data-X course, guided by Berkeley faculty and industry experts.
You will have the opportunity to observe how Data-X students apply course learnings to real data sets and create novel data insights and innovation solutions.
Ideal for a range of people - from those with limited programming backgrounds to those seeking a “refresh” of their data science skills or deeper, “hands-on” exposure to the latest industry tools and libraries in use today and “applied innovation” practice.
Take your learning to the next level and move your organization's digital transformation forward.
Spring 2021 Update
Data-X for Professionals and Global Academics is currently postponed as we continue to innovate on how best to engage companies, professionals and academics in our Applied Data Science with Venture Applications course and our Data-X Lab. Please see our website for this activity here.
We continue to offer these popular engagement options for our Data-X activities as highlighted below:
- Collaborate with our UC Berkeley students by offering a project from your organization (company or academic) that involves applying data science to innovate and solve real world problems; this can be done as part of the Data-X course, or asynchronously as a Data-X Lab project. Learn more and inquire here.
- Industry professionals and academics are also welcome to join our Data-X Lab as Visiting Researchers, beginning again in person during the Fall of 2021 (health directives pending). Learn more and apply here.
Observe hands-on, “applied innovation”, project-based learning, using Berkeley’s Innovation Leadership framework
Cutting-edge, industry-leading tools, libraries and approaches to data science that equip you with skills that will help you in your job
Build your network of like-minded faculty, professionals and students throughout the semester-long journey
Data-X provides a unique and highly valuable learning and innovation experience:
- Created and overseen by Berkeley faculty, Ikhlaq Sidhu
- Industry experts as discussion leads & mentors
- Course materials, access to tools and libraries included in course fee
- Observe our application-based course that ensures high-quality course projects
What students build?
The COVID-19 Predictor spreads awareness of the severity of coronavirus by allowing users to estimate the total infected in their region in the near future. This is accomplished by allowing the user to choose their country and how far into the future they want to see, then fitting the growth rate of their region to an exponential function, and delivering an estimate of the number of infected in that region.
The automotive industry is undergoing an electric revolution, as the world embraces the next generation of sustainable transportation. However, the availability of reliable electrical infrastructure is a major constraint for mainstream EV adoption. The UC Berkeley student team performed exploratory data analysis to figure out what variables were indicative of EV adoption rates year over year and used this data to train several statistical forecasting models, including linear regression and ARIMA.
Students at the University California, Berkeley have developed a way for new weight lifters to have 24/7 access to a trainer right at their fingertips. The team has developed a web application that is simple to use and gives users real-time feedback as to whether or not they are lifting weights properly. The application specifically focuses on the deadlift, which can be one of the more dangerous lifts for a new lifter to attempt.
Who Should Attend?
This course is Ideal for a wide range of professionals and academics, including:
- those with limited programming backgrounds who wish to learn basic data science programming skills with Python,
- professionals seeking to “refresh” their data science skills and learn modern algorithms and analysis methods,
- those looking for exposure to the latest industry tools and libraries in use in industry today,
- academics seeking to teach their own version of this popular UC Berkeley course,
- global graduate students who wish to move their research forward with better data analytics (UC Berkeley graduate students should enroll in INDENG 290), and
- professionals looking to apply their analysis skills by learning how to lead data-driven innovation projects.
- UC Berkeley students interested in enrolling in the Data-X class should refer to our Students Courses page for more information
Award-Winning UCB Faculty and Silicon Valley Industry Leader as Mentors
For more information, please email Jocelyn Weber Phipps at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us at UC Berkeley to take your career, department or research to the next level and move your data science knowledge forward.
Companies may provide sponsorship for employees or employees may enroll directly and request reimbursement from their firm.