Applications now open for Fall 2021 ELPP PLUS+
Timing: 6 months, October 2021 - March 2022. (accepting applications until Sept. 30, 2021)
Location: 100% Online with classes in synchronous format with access to in-person mixers and events.
Dates: Synchronous Sessions 1x per month, Thursdays 5:30 - 7:30pm PT, with some exceptions for longer sessions.
- 2021: October 21st, November 11th, and December 9th
- 2022: January 13, February 10 and March 10
- One-on-one 20 minute mentoring sessions with faculty and access to experiential coaching
Prerequisite: This program is the second course in the Engineering Leadership track. You must have already completed Engineering Leadership Professional Program to be eligible for ELPP PLUS+.
Information Session Signup
Next information session: August 4th @ 5 p.m. PDT
Why ELPP PLUS+
We hear you....
- Modules recommended by ELPP Alumni for navigating the next stage in your career
- Format encourages listening & learning from interactive sessions with time to reflect, practice and perfect
- Distinguished industry practitioners & award-winning UC Berkeley faculty
- Class size limited to 20
- Mentoring and access to coaching enables learning tailored to your unique situation
Cost and Features
$12,800 - ELPP PLUS+
Includes all materials.
- UC Berkeley Certificate in Advanced Engineering Leadership upon successful program completion
- Toolkit of best practices to adapt to your career and situation and online archive of videos and presentations
- 6 months of coursework and mentoring from leading Silicon Valley innovators and UC Berkeley faculty
- Access to Sutardja Center exclusive webinars, alumni events and more
- High level ecosystem of trusted tech community peers and industry leaders
- Path to Executive Scholars Program
This course is limited to alumni of the Engineering Leadership Professional Program. Students who have not earned their Certificate in Engineering Leadership should first take ELPP before enrolling in ELPP PLUS+.
In some instances, successful SV Innovation Leadership Week completion can also be considered. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
|October 21st 2021||5:30 - 8:00 Pacific Time||Advanced Tech Strategy for Today’s Challenges||Identify patterns to understand, develop and manage tech strategy. Effectively navigate world-altering events. Leverage key leadership tactics to identify and tackle new market opportunites.||Ikhlaq Sidhu & Mike Grandinetti|
|November 11th 2021||5:30 - 7:30 Pacific Time||Financial Fluency for Engineers||Review key financial terms and better understand OpEx, CapEx and integral financial building blocks. Best-in-class insights into success metrics expected by stakeholders - within your department, at business level and board level.||Gareth Noyes|
|December 9th, 2021||5:30 - 7:30 Pacific Time||Adaptive DNA and Real-Time Leadership: How to Thrive in a Fluid World||Recognize your strengths and improvement opportunities regardless of setting. Develop a balanced, "super-flexible" team. Clarify intentions and principles to help you lead transformation.||Homa Bahrami|
|January 13th, 2022||5:30 - 8:30 Pacific Time||Next Level Influence Skills||Better internalize and utilize your negotiation power. Learn how to compose your team and manage team dynamics for next level influencing. Understand how perceived power differences impact a negotiation interaction. Manage your own and others’ emotions and de-escalate conflict. Break through impasses.||Holly Schroth|
|February 10th, 2022||5:30 - 7:30 Pacific Time||Think Like a Consultant While Acting Like an Engineer||Navigate ambiguity and thrive in uncertainty. Identify key stakeholders. Communicate assumptions. Eliminate barriers and proceed successfully with existing and new initiatives.||Dan Cavenaugh|
|March 10th, 2022||5:30 - 7:30 Pacific Time||Crafting your Personal Brand||Personal branding is about being yourself — your best self — in support of your career, your team, and your organization. Unlock the fundamental strategies in this three-step personal branding process. Uncover and express your brand so you can increase your impact and influence and achieve your professional goals. Master the techniques of online branding.||William Arruda|
Award-Winning UCB Faculty and Industry Leaders from SV and Beyond
These companies consistently sponsor rising engineers. Let us know if you'd like your company to be a sponsor and we'll work with your Learning/Development team.
Engineering Leadership Professional Program PLUS+
Fall 2021 class runs from October 2021 - March 2022
Application deadline: August 31
Where Leaders are Made
Questions? Contact Vicky Howell at email@example.com for more information. Companies may provide sponsorship for employees or employees may enroll directly and request reimbursement from their firm.