X-Lab Director – Resource Sustainability Innovation – Sutardja Center of Entrepreneurship and Technology
- Position title: X-Lab Director
- Percent time: 50%
- Anticipated start: August 2021
- Position duration: 2 years
- Open date: July 20th, 2021
- Next review date: Tuesday, Aug 3, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
- Final date: Friday, Aug 20, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The mission of the Resource Sustainability Innovation X-Lab at the University of California Berkeley is to conduct scientific research and provide academic training in the fields of environmental science and resource management.
Specifically, we strive to:
- Secure funding for and perform original, quality research in environmental science and resource management.
- Participate in and encourage interdisciplinary research efforts when possible, and disseminate findings by publishing research in peer reviewed academic journals
- This X-Lab is meant to evaluate critical environmental issues related to natural and human-made disasters.
- The X-Lab will propose to innovate technologies to help mitigate future environmental issues and related disasters.
- Collaborate in developing original resource sustainability, technology innovation, and environmental science-based research.
- Facilitate and co-author peer-reviewed articles related to Resource Sustainability and Innovation.
- Significantly contribute to research supporting curriculum development and oversee implementation for 1-2 courses annually related to the Resource Sustainability space.
- Support the Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology X-Lab initiatives by helping to oversee resource sustainability innovation programming and affiliated activities.
- Help to oversee and supervise annual student research appointments.
- Develop relationships with industry partners to provide Resource Sustainability and technology innovation opportunities to the campus community (researchers, students, faculty, etc.) in the areas of: research, curriculum support, academic projects, startup ventures, internship and career opportunities, and more.
Pursuing development opportunities to fund the Resource Sustainability Innovation X-Lab.
- Seek collaboration with UC Berkeley and UC-campus units on new curriculum programming (e.g. Professional Master’s, summer programs, etc.) to continue UC Berkeley’s trajectory to be a leader in the Resource Sustainability education space.
- Seek collaboration with other universities with Resource Sustainability research and curricula to expand the impact of Berkeley’s leadership in the Resource Sustainability space.
- Seek collaborations with incubators/accelerators/venture capitalists, to help Berkeley start-up teams take their ideas to market.
This position is covered by the UC-UAW collective bargaining agreement for Academic Researchers. The current contract can be found here: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/labor/bargaining-units/ra/index.html. Additional information can be found on the website: http://academicresearchersunited.org/.
Demonstrated experience with Resource Sustainability systems is desired
Record of authored or co-authored publications
Experience creating and/or mentoring start-up ventures
Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- 3 required (contact information only)
Apply link: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF02974
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
In searches when letters of reference are required all letters will be treated as confidential per University of California policy and California state law. Please refer potential referees, including when letters are provided via a third party (i.e., dossier service or career center), to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality (http://apo.berkeley.edu/ucb-confidentiality-policy) prior to submitting their letter.