We’re hiring! Apply to be an Operations Intern at SCET
SCET is seeking 2 operations interns to join our agile, fast-paced and innovative team. Interns will support daily office operations for SCET’s suite of academic, global, executive and research programs. Read below for more details!
We are seeking interns who can start this March (the week after spring break through the end of the spring semester) to train with our current interns who are graduating this spring. Interns will be expected to continue in the position in the 2021-2022 academic year and potentially beyond depending on the students’ graduation plans.
The Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology (SCET) is a global innovation hub headquartered at UC Berkeley’s College of Engineering where aspiring entrepreneurs and innovators take deep dives into the world of technology entrepreneurship and embark on the path to develop exciting new ventures.
Job Title: Student Assistant II, Operations Intern
Reports to: Academic Program Manager, Michelle Lee
Pay: Starting at $16.07/hr.
Work Hours: Must be available for 5 hrs/wk for Spring 2021 and 5-10 hrs/wk for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022. There will also be a potential for an optional 5 hrs/wk Summer 2021.
Job Location: Remote until further notice. Once campus opens back up (not expected before Fall 2021) interns will be asked to welcome guests and support the front desk at SCET’s office space located in Cal Memorial Stadium Room 122 (yes – we are located at the stadium!)
Job Description: The Sutardja Center is currently seeking 2 student assistants to help with Center-wide operations. The students will be responsible for daily office operations, working with center finances, purchase ordering, academic tasks or projects (if needed), and individual projects based on interest and experience. The students will also be responsible for planning and hosting events when in person again.
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity and flexibility
- Capacity to take the lead on projects and take initiative
- Customer service skills
- Organizational skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Google Suite (gmail, docs, sheets, slides, forms) and Microsoft Office (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Experience with Slack and Trello preferred, but not required
- Ability to work with spreadsheets and perform basic data analysis
- Experience assisting with planning and executing events (40-200 participants) preferred
- Interest in entrepreneurship and technology!
How to apply: To apply, please use the link below. Please include your resume as an attachment. Cover letter is optional.
Application priority deadline: February 17, 2021 @ 11:59pm
Timeline: If selected for an interview, you will be notified by email at the end of February to set up an interview time slot during the first week of March.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SCET Ops Application 2021-22.”