Sundial ISO Food Process Engineer – San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Sundial Foods, Inc. is an early stage plant-based meats company in the Bay Area. We’re driven by the idea that people shouldn’t have to compromise on taste or nutrition when eating meat alternatives, and so we formulate next-generation products that deliver an exceptional experience. We’re a small, scrappy, and eager team looking for a go-getter who wants to roll up their sleeves and join our mission. The candidate would be foundational to the team, and would work on a variety of exciting projects, leading our efforts around upscale and industrial process design in collaboration with contract manufacturers and larger industry partners. Previous experience in industrial food processing is required, and the candidate must demonstrate the ability to problem-solve and draw on knowledge of industrial systems in order to solve novel challenges.
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in food process engineering or a similar field
– At least 1-2 years of experience in the food industry
– A team player and effective communicator who demonstrates leadership and initiative
– An open, innovative, and curious mindset
– Bonus: culinary experience (or just passion!)
– Drive the upscale planning of plant-based meat alternatives in collaboration with co-manufacturers
– Identify key bottlenecks and increase processing efficiency while minimizing cost
– Continuously compute and compare manufacturing costs
– Communicate, experiment, and iterate around process designs, with particular attention to quality and safety
– Apply bench scale learnings to pilot and industrial scale settings
No matter the position, work at Sundial is flexible, fast-paced, and dynamic, with new challenges and new opportunities arising frequently — if you think you might enjoy this kind of environment, please reach out and say hello!
The expected start date is the 1st of May. If you’re interested in the position, or just interested in opportunities at Sundial in general, please send your resume and a quick intro to Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.