Research Scientist – Protein Chemistry at Plantible Foods, Inc.
Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Plantible Foods is the place for you. We were founded in 2018 to create a truly sustainable global food system by developing the most functional and best tasting food ingredients in the world, starting with a plant-based protein (Rubi ProteinTM), a plant-based alternative for Whey, Casein and Egg White. Following successful customer trials, we are now preparing for the next steps in our journey, including production scale up and process optimization.
Subsequently, we are looking for a talented Research Scientist – Protein Chemistry that wants to join our growing company. This individual is responsible for the development of plant-based proteins, as well as other ingredients, extraction methods & processes. As Research Scientist – Protein Chemistry, you will be working on the optimization of our current designed extraction technology as well as the identification of commercial applications of the extracted ingredients. In addition, you are expected to initiate and complete routine procedures, troubleshoot scientific problems, and interpret the outcomes of experiments in an independent and efficient manner.
We are looking for a self-motivated, creative, team-oriented and resourceful, adaptable, and results-oriented individual who has a keen understanding and extensive hands-on experience with the ability to think beyond standard methods, independently lead and reach conclusions, and clearly deliver results within a startup organization. You will have the opportunity to make an immediate and sustainable impact in the development of the company by initiating and implementing process development projects, while having the opportunity to grow with a fast-moving startup.
What you will be working on
- Develop and maintain the company’s internal R&D roadmap relating to the
optimization of our current extraction technology for the production of our functional
plant-based protein ingredients
- Design and develop innovative processing methodologies to valorize the nutrients
present in aquatic plants
- Develop analytical methods (chromatography, spectroscopy, etc.) to assess the
effectiveness and robustness of extraction processes
- Development of unit operations from laboratory scale to commercial scale such as,
centrifugation, homogenization, separation and filtration, drying and
- Perform quality control testing, functional tests and standard protein characterization
- Development of protein production protocols geared towards high quality, robust and
cost- effective extraction of plant-based proteins
What you have:
- M.S or PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemical Science
- Experience in protein production and purification, with plant protein extraction
- Strong technical background and direct hands-on experience with downstream
processing unit operations such as preparative chromatography, centrifugation,
homogenization, ultrafiltration technologies, drying technologies etc.
- Ability to learn quickly, solve complex problems and have excellent data
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Being a self-starter and able to respond creatively and simply to continuous change
and steady growth environment
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where the primary focus is on simplification and
- Ability to work across geographies and cultures, international experience a plus
Why Plantible Foods:
Becoming part of Plantible means contributing to a sustainable future for all. We are a
venture funded startup that is trying to make sure that we not only spread happiness
amongst our employees, but also to current and future generations. We believe diversity
creates uniqueness. Our diverse international team of highly talented people has different
interests and hobbies and we support them all. Additional Plantible benefits:
- a BBQ-worthy garden
- Working in a rapidly growing, flexible and entrepreneurial environment
- Bi-weekly Friday socials
- And of course, lots of beautiful land to practice any outdoor activity you can imagine!
Plantible Foods is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered
for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion,
ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin,
liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state,
or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you
will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are
selected for further consideration. Plantible Foods reserves the right to defer or close a
vacancy at any time.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to email@example.com.