Rain – Navigation Software Engineer
Every wildfire starts small. Rain contains wildfires within 10 minutes of ignition using a network of autonomous drones permanently installed throughout high risk regions. We are fire sprinklers for the forest.
As an engineer at Rain, you will work with a small group of tactical, multidisciplinary engineers with experience in robotics, UAS, data science and safety critical systems towards a singular mission: eliminating undesired wildfires on an aggressive timeline.
As a Navigation Software Engineer, you will model and create software that guides aircraft navigating to and around a wildfire ignition to rapidly suppress and contain it. This position is located at our flight and test burn facility in Pendleton, Oregon with travel to customer sites as necessary. This position reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
● Architect, design and implement vehicle guidance system to navigate quickly and safely to wildfire ignition site
● Ensure safe flight and navigation around obstacles including power lines, trees, and other aircraft in environments that may have visual obstructions
● Support multi-vehicle cooperation on fire suppression missions
● Verify safety, correctness, and fault tolerance of the guidance and navigation system
● Evaluate and improve flight navigation performance through SIL, HIL, and real world flight tests
● MS or equivalent experience in Aerospace, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
● 5+ years experience developing C++ software for high performance, realtime, or safety-critical systems with run-time assurances
● Safety-oriented approach, embracing and enforcing safety-critical coding standards and guidelines (JSF++, MISRA, AUTOSAR, etc.).
Learn more and apply at https://www.rain.aero/careers.