Rain – Mechatronics Engineer
Every wildfire starts small. Rain contains wildfires within 10 minutes of ignition using a network of autonomous drones permanently installed throughout high risk regions. We are fire sprinklers for the forest.
As an engineer at Rain, you will work with a small group of tactical, multidisciplinary engineers with experience in robotics, UAS, data science and safety critical systems towards a singular mission: eliminating undesired wildfires on an aggressive timeline.
As a Mechatronics Engineer, you will apply your background in mechanical and electrical engineering to develop systems supporting the autonomous operation of the Rain System. This position is located at our flight and test burn facility in Pendleton, Oregon with travel to customer sites as necessary. This position reports directly to the Chief Engineer of Autonomous Systems.
● Design, build and test electrical, mechanical and embedded software systems, including:
○ Sub-systems for unmanned aerial vehicles
○ Aerial fire suppression systems
○ Robotic ground support equipment
○ Test rigs to support unmanned aerial vehicle development
● B.E. or equivalent experience in Mechatronics Engineering
● 3+ years professional experience developing products from concept to launch including mechanical, electrical and software systems
○ Competence in CAD design, prototyping, manufacturing and assembly
○ Experience with 3D printing, CNC milling, and fabricating components from a variety of materials including aluminum, stainless steel, and composites.
○ Able to design high MTTF electronics and custom PCBs
○ Able to create and maintain detailed electrical schematics, ECAD, and BOMs.
○ High degree of competence programming embedded systems, including microcontrollers, SBCs and PLCs.
Learn more and apply at https://www.rain.aero/careers.