Rain – Machine Perception Software Engineer
Every wildfire starts small. Rain contains wildfires within 10 minutes of ignition using a network of autonomous drones permanently installed throughout high risk regions. We are fire sprinklers for the forest. As an engineer at Rain, you will work with a small group of tactical, multidisciplinary engineers with experience in robotics, UAS, data science and safety critical systems towards a singular mission: eliminating undesired wildfires on an aggressive timeline. As a Machine Perception Software Engineer, you will apply your background in machine perception to map active wildfire ignitions in real time, inform vehicle position, and optimize fire retardant deployment. This position is located at our flight and test burn facility in Pendleton, Oregon with travel to customer sites as necessary. This position reports directly to our Chief Technology Officer.
● Apply machine perception techniques, including direct georeferencing, photogrammetry, and geospatial modeling to create real time maps of a wildfire ignition
● Develop suppression strategies to extinguish or contain wildfire ignitions using available fire retardant resources
● Optimize retardant delivery in real time leveraging fire growth models and machine perception techniques
● Develop virtual environments to simulate sensor input
● Collaborate with peers to evaluate system requirements and perform integration testing
● MS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
● Experience working with temporal geospatial data and algorithms, GIS, DEMs
● 3+ years professional experience developing machine perception or computer vision algorithms
● 5+ years experience developing C++ for high performance, realtime, or safety-critical systems
Learn more and apply at https://www.rain.aero/careers.