NewCo – Software Engineer
NewCo is reinventing how people without deep knowledge of machine learning and data science use them for their business use cases.
Our platform builds on two open source deep learning and infra projects we authored (Ludwig and Horovod more than 18k GitHub stars combined) and adds ease of use nad automation that enables expert data scientists to have full control and data analysts to obtain predictions and run analyses in a simple and intuitive way.
We want to make the latest developments in AI accessible also to those who wouldn’t know how to write PyTorch or TensorFlow code themselves, and empower them with a next gen tool.
About the Role
The candidate will be the responsible for all aspects fo the platform, adding new features to it, testing it, automating deployment, making it as fast and scalable as possible.
The candidate will also be responsible for making the platform secure, compliant and auditable, which is a critical aspect for adoption.
Moreover the candidate will be responsible of creating data and BI connectors, and to develop both endpoint services and a SDK for customers to use for interacting with the platform.
Finally, the candidate will help develop a new declarative language extension we are developing and making it accessible by code and by UI.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll write testable, secure, compliant code
- You’ll automate deployment processes
- You’ll improve the platform performance
- You’ll write code for fast data transfer and processing
- You’ll help defining and implementing a new declarative language
- You’ll interact constantly with machine learning and AI technologies from our deep learning and data stacks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Horovod, Transformers, Ludwig, Ray)
What You’ll Bring
- Ccoding experience on multiple languages
- Passion for optimizing systems performances
- Experience with distributed and workflow systems
- Experience with databases and sata warehouses, SQL and ETL
- (Plus) experience dev, data and ml Ops
- (Plus) experience with security
About Our Process
Our process aims at making sure the candidates can show their strenghts through a number of interviews and exercises to work on together.
- A code screening interview
- A design interview
- A technical communication interview
- A deep-dive pair-coding exercise in building a something together
- Someone with solid industry experience as an IC, who can write efficient, safe and robust code in production settings
- Someone who is excited about machine learning and AI applied to real-world problems in a customer oriented way
- Someone who wants to work with a team of veterans, well known in the ML/AI industry
- Someone who is interested in contributing to a company with open source foundations (maybe you are open soruce contributors / maintainers yourself)
- Someone who is excited about the mission of creating tools to bring powerful technologies to the rest of us
- Someone who can work independently and is self motivated by curiosity and likes an intellectual challenge, but is a team player and puts the success of the team above their own
- Someone who is ok with a hybrid remote + physical workplace
- Someone who sees diversity as a bringer of value rather than a cosmetic badge of honor
Company strong points
- The company has a stellar founding team, made of people with multiple startup exits, creators of well known and adopted open source projects (Ludwig and Horovod) and people from prestigious institutions and companies.
- The company is built on top of years of work on open source technologies.
- The company got started recently, so opportunity to get in early and steer decision making in terms of both culture and technology.
- The company closed a seed round with top tier investors (Greylock) and a new found created by industry experts (The Facory) and has a stellar set of advisors (directors, industry veterans and people with multiple exits).
- The company already has a convincing demo of the tech (no painted dors) and is already in conversation with multiple potential customers.