Model Based Development Engineer @ Toyota North America
TRD inspires the hearts and minds of racing fans, Toyota team members, customers, and the driving public. We are dedicated to advancing automotive engineering and maximizing racetrack success. We partner with the finest race teams and drivers who share our passion, and our actions foster an atmosphere of excellence. In our pursuit of becoming the most respected and premier motorsports engineering organization in the world, we are looking for highly motivated applicants for our available positions.
As a Model Based Development Engineer at TRD, you will play a key role in the development, application, correlation, and support of a range of vehicle simulation tools. These will encompass multi-body and parametric models both for offline and real time applications.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of engineering experience (either in research or in the industry), centering around modeling, validation, and simulation of complex mechanical systems. A high concern for quality, an ability to independently produce high-quality results, and skills to manage and process high volumes of complex data is necessary.
- Work as a part of a cross-functional team to develop high-fidelity vehicle models and simulation tools for a variety of applications.
- Develop, refine, and validate simulation events to assure fidelity of predicted results.
- Attend track and lab test events to assure proper data collection and perform on-site validation.
- Develop and refine testing practices to improve model characterization.
- Participate directly in vehicle simulation studies to improve the applicability of models.
A Successful Candidate will have:
- BS with a major in Engineering.
- A minor in Mathematics, or Computer Science will be an advantage.
- Experience with the high-fidelity mathematical modeling of complex mechanical systems.
- Advanced skills in programming in Matlab and Simulink.
- Experience with multi-body model development, specifically Dymola and/or Modelica, will be an advantage.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working on SCRUM teams or in any Agile framework will be an advantage.
- Comprehensive health care & wellness plans
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Vehicle purchase and lease programs
- Tuition assistance
- Retirement Plans: 401k and Toyota Annual Retirement Contribution
TRD provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations. Any applicant who, because of a disability or religion, needs reasonable accommodation or other assistance at any point in the application process, or thereafter if hired, should contact the Human Resources Department by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application is covered by the TRD Interactive Resolution Policy.
To applicants with a potential relocation:
This position is NOT eligible for TRD relocation benefits.