FULL STACK ENGINEER, SCHOLARSITE
FULL STACK ENGINEER, SCHOLARSITE (BACKED BY SCOTT GALLOWAY) – SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA
Do you want to:
- Earn equity in a high growth EdTech start-up which has been backed by Scott Galloway (https://www.profgalloway.com/
) and other prominent VCs?
- Work with an experienced software engineering and data analytics team to help propel our product strategy?
- Work with leading academics and subject-matter experts (including Nobel Prize winners) all around the world?
- Get the opportunity to enter some of Silicon Valley’s leading incubators (e.g. YC)?
About the business:
ScholarSite is a platform that allows academics to broadcast research-based, educational content to millions of people, develop an audience around it and create an independent brand. Our vision is to democratise access to the best academic minds / insights and create a new model of continued learning – think Substack for academia.
There is a perfect storm of macro trends occurring right now which is driving ScholarSite’s significant growth – COVID has flung the academic sector is in a state of flux, traditional models of education are being questioned and the creator economy, which we have seen in writing, podcasting and other areas, is starting to appear in academia (cue Professor Scotty G!).
About the role:
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer that would work closely with our CTO (and CEO) and help lead our tech function.
Ideally we are looking for someone based in the Bay Area but we are open to remote work along the West Coast.
Compensation would include salary and equity.
– Work with our team to design and integrate new web-based features
– Tackle complex problems including live streaming implementation, AI/ML integration
– Optimise performance and SEO utilising AWS services
– Exercise good development practices including CI/CD, documentation and infrastructure as code.
– A full stack generalist with proven experience building complex web applications
– Someone with significant experience with Ruby on Rails and React
– Someone who has worked in a startup environment before
– Excited to move fast, prioritize and constantly make critical product decisions
– A self starter: you have started something on your own before – a start up, open source project, something else
We look forward to hearing from you!
The ScholarSite Team