The Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology (SCET) at the University of California, Berkeley (UCB) is actively seeking applications for the role of an Analytical Chemistry Technician. This pivotal position is focused on advancing the field of secondary metabolite production in plants, involving intricate separation and purification processes. As an Analytical Chemistry Technician, you will closely collaborate with the lead analytical chemist to perform UPLC/MS and CPC analyses.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a keen interest in acquiring analytical laboratory techniques,
display meticulous adherence to laboratory best practices, and work synergistically with the lead
- Collaborate in bench-scale plant extractions.
- Prepare and maintain equipment, ensuring optimal functionality before operations (e.g., preparation of solvents for UPLC).
- Execute sample preparation and analysis with precision and diligence.
- Actively contribute to experiment planning and the extraction of valuable insights from data.
- Enrollment in an undergraduate program focusing on Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field.
- Previous hands-on experience with Liquid Chromatography and NMR.
- Demonstrated involvement in laboratory research settings.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to excel within collaborative team environments.
- Availability in blocks of at least 4 hours to facilitate longer experiments.
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated CV.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
Pay rate: $25/hr
Deadline to apply: Feb 28, 2024