SCET Collider Cup V
December 13 @ 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
The Collider Cup is SCET’s all-star showcase of the best student teams from this Fall 2019 semester. Come watch teams pitch to panels of professors, investors and industry experts as they vie to win the grand prize, the Collider Cup!
The top three teams from the event will have an automatic final round of meetings with Arrow Capital for the chance to receive $10K, $25K, or $50K in seed funding, depending on the startup’s needs, in order to pursue their ventures.
We will also have the following funds in attendance and ready to meet with students:
- Better Ventures, is a venture capital firm that provides funding and support to companies creating scalable solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
- The Trione Student Venture Fund which provides $5,000 grants and office space to early-stage startups involving current Haas students.
- Dorm Room Fund, a student-run venture fund backed by First Round.
- The House Fund, an affiliated pre-seed and early stage venture capital fund investing in Berkeley’s top student, faculty, and alumni startups.
- Free Ventures, UC Berkeley’s non-profit, student run startup accelerator.
Overview of format for the event:
- The morning in Banatao Auditorium will showcase our participating funds, SCET’s classes, Professors, and more information on our Certificate of Entrepreneurship & Technology.
- The early afternoon in Kvamme Atrium will feature all of SCET’s top student projects at demo tables. Attendees and judges will visit each student team to hear their 4-minute pitch, have Q&A and provide feedback.
- Lunch & Networking will follow with SCET students and instructors. Lunch will be provided, so be sure to RSVP to reserve your spot for food!
- Judges will choose the top 4 teams for the final round of pitches.
- All attendees and judges will reconvene in Banatao Auditorium to watch the top 4 teams pitch for the grand prize, the Collider Cup!
- We will close with a short reception awarding The Collider Cup to the all-around winning student team + People’s Choice Awards.
10:00 am Check-in + networking in Kvamme Atrium. First 100 attendees will receive a free SCET pop-socket/phone wallet!
10:30 am Welcome from SCET with Keith McAleer, Marketing Director and Jesse Dieker, Director of Operations in Banatao Auditorium.
- Intros from Arrow Capital, Better Ventures, The Trione Student Fund, Dorm Room Fund, The House Fund, and Free Ventures.
- All Fall semester SCET instructors/GSI’s/course coordinators will introduce their class and winning team.
- Certificate of Entrepreneurship & Technology with Jesse Dieker, preview of SCET’s Spring classes and the SCET Teaching Awards.
- Review of the agenda for the day and the judging format with Melissa Glass, Manager of New Initiatives.
12:00 pm Visit student teams at their demo tables in Kvamme Atrium.
- Judges will be visiting each demo table to hear the pitches, have Q&A, provide feedback, and score the projects.
1:00 pm Lunch and networking in Kvamme Atrium.
1:30 pm The top 4 teams pitch to the full judge panel in Banatao Auditorium for the grand prize, the Collider Cup!
3:00 pm Winners are announced followed by the award ceremony and pictures.
Register for the free event on Eventbrite. Be sure to RSVP if you plan to join us for lunch so that we can be sure to have enough food.
We look forward to welcoming you as we showcase the top projects from this semester and introduce you to all that SCET has to offer!
See you soon for SCET’s Collider Cup 2019!