UPCOMING BOOT-CAMP ON JANUARY 9 – 13, 2017
Current Webpage content is for August 2016 BMOE Boot-camp, and January 2017 will be very similar.
The Berkeley Method Bootcamp
Are you interested in learning about new venture creation, about how to launch your idea, or how to take your technology to market?
The Pantas and Ting Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology hosts the bi-annual Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship Bootcamp (BMoE), a week venture workshop. The next boot-camp will be an intense 4-1/2 days to be held August 15-19, 2016, at UC Berkeley’s Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship.
The bootcamp facilitates immersive learning for new venture creation. This workshop offers a one-of-a-kind experience in one of the premier institutions in Silicon Valley. During the program, participants will attend sessions that weave together lectures and interactive game-based exercises, receive one-on-one mentoring from Sutardja Center faculty and industry experts; and learn in a collaborative environment. Participants will also join one of two tracks (based on whether you are an entrepreneur or from an academic or research) to work on a project or plan of your own. Track 1 will focus on developing a new venture/project (for students and entrepreneurs), Track 2 will focus on how to transform into a start-up business (for academia and researchers).
How to Register
Sign up for the next Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship boot-camp, August 15-19, 2016.
(NOTE: BMOE boot-camp takes place the week BEFORE Autumn 2016 regular classes):
- UC Berkeley students - sign up through new CalCentral registration for Autumn 2016
- Global Venture Lab network and partner universities– contact email@example.com
- Other universities, independent parties & industry – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
* For all other inquiries, contact Gigi Wang, Industry Fellow, Berkeley Method Bootcamp Program Chair: email@example.com.
Over the course of the four and a half days, participants will:
- Work on idea generation and how to turn ideas into new ventures and taking it to market while integrating concepts including customer-focused design thinking and innovation in business models, and receiving input and advice from real-life entrepreneurs, investors, and marketing specialists.
- Use case studies to facilitate and hone ideas, attend special modules on ideation, sales, pitch and funding (sample Modules/Videos)
- Collaborate with our Experts
- Establish or optimize to form startup teams, learn mechanics of a start-up and setting major milestones
- Internalize some of the attributes that contribute to the entrepreneurial mindset
- Pitch your idea to an experienced panel of experts and potential investors
Link to This Year's Syllabuses & Agenda:
The schedule for BMoE 2016 can be viewed here.
* For all inquiries contact Gigi Wang, Industry Fellow, Berkeley Method Bootcamp Program Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured Keynote Closing Speaker
This Year's Speakers & Mentors
Aiko Fushida - SVP Large Accounts at OmniPay Andrew Maxwell - Professor of Entrepreneurial Engineering, Lassonde School of Engineering Anastasia Ashman - Operating Manager, Topaz Ventures Anne Fletcher - Design Thinking Lecturer Betty Lin - Associate Director and Professor, HKUST Brian Kress - Strategy Director, Swirl Burton Lee - Managing Director, Innovarium Ventures Candice Eggerss - Managing Director, Firelake Capital Management Caroline Winnett – Executive Director, Skydeck Accelerator Charles Huang – CEO, IndieGogo & Founder, Guitar Hero Chris Burry - Co-CEO at US Market Access Center Connor Landraf - CEO & Founder, Eko Devices David Shantz - Pricipal & Creative Director, WIldOutWest Debra Harris - Former VP Sales, Merrill Lynch Deepak Gupta - Angel Investor, Director & Advisor at Haas Eric Paulos - CLO, Jacobs Institute & Director, CITRIS Foundry Gabi Herzog - Senior Director, Executive Speaker & Coach, SAP George Kopas - Founder & CEO, EOS Media Heidi Yodowitz - Board Director, Glacier Water Services Janet Gregory - Principal at Kickstart Alliance & Innovation Partner at SRI International Jeff Burton - Co-Founder, Stealth Project & Ex-Executive Director, Skydeck Josh Elman - Partner at Greylock Ventures Kal Deutsch - CEO & Founding Investor-Advisor, Batchery Kate Gunning - Market Strategist (Life Sciences) Marcel van Geffen - Director and Owner, BvnO Bedrijfsveiligheid en Onderzoek Nathan Gold – Founder, DemoCoach Pamela Day - Founder, LookWho & Founder, Project: Tiny Giant Peter Minor - Co-Founder CITRIS Foundry at Berkeley Ricardo San Martin - Professor, PUC Chille & Visiting Professor, UC Berkeley Rick Rasmussen - Managing Director, Concordia Ventures Saad Hirani - SCET Alumnus and UC Berkeley Student Scottie Spurzem - English Coach & Industry Fellow, SCET Shomit Ghose - Managing Partner, OnSet Ventures Tamra Teig – Founder & Director, Berkeley Startup Network Thomas Jacobson - Associate, Ironfire Ventures & Haas MBA Student Vivienne Ming - Founder at Socos
To view other previous speakers at the BMoE, please click here.
To download the calendar on your phone, click on the + sign on the calendar above.