Cash Prizes awarded on Demo Day at end of Master Course
Prize offerings will be offered to teams who made most progress from a new venture point of view. Leading Venture Capital, Investors, and others mentors will provide guidance and will be listed as part of the resource directory.
(Mentor’s interested to participate should contact Naeem Zafar at email@example.com )
Fall 2017 Timeline
Semester Begins: August 25
3 Weeks of Program Sign Up Opportunity
Weekend Bootcamp: September 9 & 10th
Two opportunities for NSF I Corps 1 Week Training during semester: October 15
Weekend Bootcamp: November 18 & 19
Demo Day Pitches and Prize Awards: December 1, 2017
Track I: For Existing New Venture Teams with an Idea
- Student teams will be able to understand the basics of the startup process and move their innovations forward
- Learn via The Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship and Lean LaunchPad method of customer discovery taught at NSF I-Corps
- Mentoring and coaching from entrepreneurs and Silicon Valley investors
- Meet and draw on skills of other students in the course
- Awards for most progress by the end of the semester
- Winners earn marker as the top talent from UC Berkeley
- Increase valuations over the semester
- Targeted awards available for CITRIS Foundry teams
How to Apply
A target of 5 teams will receive a guaranteed cash prize for completing the program. Minimum of 2 team members must participate.
- Project’s summary and accomplishments so far
- The team’s next milestone.
- Short bio of each team member
Track II: For Individuals (Graduate students looking to understand the basics of business; limit 30 students)
- Understand the process of starting a venture in future and/or work in the emerging economy of new ventures
- How industry trends may affect a researcher's career
- Learn basic of business and terminology through The Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship
- Mentoring and coaching from entrepreneurs and business savvy folks
- Meet and interact with Track I students (the existing Venture Teams in the cohort)
- Accessing the Center's powerful network investors, leaders, & entrepreneurs
- Become more effective scientist as you enter the industry with a better sense of how research impacts a company and an industry
How to Apply
Enroll in the MTI course for Fall 2017 (INDENG 290), Course Number #39395
- Postdoctoral Students, Ph.D. MS and MBA students should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for enrollment instructions.
- Enrollment is Limited to 30 students. Interested students should join the waitlist once these seats are filled.
Courses Required to Complete the MTI Program
In order for students to complete the program and receive the certificate, they must take the MTI Master Class (IEOR 290), the Newton Lecture Series (IEOR 295). Start with IEOR 290. IEOR 295 is often taken in parallel.
How to Complete the MTI Program
- Track I Teams must attend both September and November bootcamps plus the mid-semester NSF I-Corps bootcamp, attend weekly mentoring sessions, and present in the demo day to be eligible for receive MTI certificate.
- Track II Individuals are encouraged to attend both bootcamps and are required to attend the lectures for course credit.
- NSF program teams interested in receiving the MTI Certificate and competing for funding must attend both bootcamps, the NSF I-Corps 1 week program, and Demo Day. Optionally, these teams may attend the cases, lectures, and weekly mentoring.
All final projects/ reports should be submitted using the SCET template in word and PDF formats, and will be posted under the archive section on our website. Once students have fulfilled all of the requirements, they should send an email to email@example.com to receive the certificate.