Win up to $25K in Seed funding, Spend 3-6 months with Foundation Capital, and count it towards your graduate or undergraduate certificate from the Sutardja Center at Berkeley.
The Foundation Capital Berkeley Founder’s Program is a 3-6 month jumpstart program for UC Berkeley entrepreneurs. Founder’s Program is hosted by Foundation Capital—an early-stage venture capital firm—in partnership with TubeMogul, a public company founded by Berkeley alumni. The program is supported by Berkeley’s Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology (SCET) and the Lester Center for Entrepreneurship.
The program will fund and support an exclusive group of Berkeley entrepreneurs, giving them access to our network, resources, office space in San Francisco, and start-up capital.
The Founder’s Program competition will also be run as a Collider Project for the Summer term with SCET. Winning teams can apply for credit to fulfill the requirements of either the undergraduate or graduate –level certificate program For more details on SCET programs, please visit: http://cet.berkeley.edu/.
- Up to $25k seed funding for your company plus office space at Foundation Capital’s San Francisco location, in the bustling SOMA district
- Dedicated mentors from our network of entrepreneurs and investors
- Invitations to exclusive events. Past speakers have included Gokul Rajaram (Godfather of AdSense), Ben Rubin (CEO of Meerkat), Brett Wilson (TubeMogul), Erik Torenberg (CEO of Product Hunt)
- Requirements: Teams must be comprised of two or more Berkeley-affiliated members (students, alumni, or faculty).
- Finalists: Twelve teams will be selected to do a 5-minute pitch on June 2, 2015 at the TubeMogul office in Emeryville, California.
- Winners: Up to four teams will be selected to participate in the program.
- The Founder’s Program will begin June 15, 2015 and continue for three to six months.
- Please submit team resumes and a two-page executive summary of your company/project to
- BerkeleyFounders@foundationcap.com by the application deadline of May 24, 2015.
Foundation Capital has invested ~$3b in 150 companies, and taken 25 of those companies public, including Netflix, Lending Club, TubeMogul, Chegg, and MobileIron. Foundation Capital portfolio companies that are Berkeley-affiliated include TubeMogul, Conviva, Spoonrocket, Bolt Threads, AdRise, and BoardVantage. To learn more about Foundation Capital, visit www.foundationcapital.com.